Install hangs checking disk space requirements

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
wardw

Install hangs checking disk space requirements

Post by wardw »

I'm installing Backup4all on a 2GB hard drive that has about 30% free space. After accepting the license agreement, when I click Next an alert appears: "Please wait while the installer finishes determining your disk space requirements." I waited several minutes, clicked its Return button, and in the main Install box clicked Next, but the same alert appeared again. It's been about 15 minutes, and I've tried to continue but with the same result.

Does the disk space check just take a really long time for a large hard drive?

wardw

Re: Install hangs checking disk space requirements

Post by wardw »

Well, I finally gave up and canceled the installation. I started a new installation, and this time I noticed on the installer splash screen that it said "checking disk space." I waited a few seconds until that disappeared, then continued with the installation. No problems after that, and it installed fine. I had probably just been to quick to dismiss the splash screen.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Install hangs checking disk space requirements

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I'm glad the problem is solved.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html