Incremental backup seems to do nothing

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
[email protected]

Incremental backup seems to do nothing

Post by [email protected] »

Hello!
I run new backup job. It's incremental backup, but I run it first time. After 24 hours it seems to do nothing usefull. It's still in estimating state. It shows still the same "current file" name.
Backup4all consumes 25% of CPU (if I pause backup, CPU usage drops down) and reads disk at 80 B/s speed now.
I defined to make backup as 2 GB zipped parts. Cache directory is empty. Destination server is empty.

I tried run backup two times. After first one (24 hours after start) I killed backup4all and restarted computer.

B4A version: 9.7.624
Windows 7 Pro/64 bit. Disk SSD 1TB. Estimated total backup volume is 100 GB, about 500k files I think.

Additionally "current file" name is not proper. It shows "D:\Warsztat\projekty\...\2022\IMG_20220214_205828.jpg",
but this file doesn't exists. Instead of
"d:\Warsztat\projekty\2022\BAE-96X\IMG_20220214_205828.jpg",
but elipsis for that path is different:
"D:\Warsztat\projekty\2022\...\IMG_20220214_205828.jpg".
Attachments
Schowek01.jpg
Schowek01.jpg (118.79 KiB) Viewed 7070 times

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Incremental backup seems to do nothing

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The path is truncated on display with "..." in order to display the last file name.
To see what the problem is, please send us the last backup log for that job to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Hello,
I have sent email, as you proposed.

Maybe you don't understand me with "..." (I think it's bug). I know, this shortens file path, but 3 dots are in wrong place inside path. Original path is like: ABCDEFGH, a short version in Backup4all is ABCDE...FH (F is misplaced, as "2022" in file I described earlier). Proper ones can be ABCDEF...H or ABCDE...GH.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

For the path issue, we cannot reproduce it here.
Please send us the backup log to see the complete file path in log.
Send the file to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html