I give up: first ignored by support, now backup goes haywire

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
gfnovato

I give up: first ignored by support, now backup goes haywire

Post by gfnovato »

I give up. Ignored by customer support for three days now (guess you’re all—or maybe there’s just one of you—too busy helping NASA to bother with us little people), and now the program runs for an hour and creates a 100 GB backup, of which over 99.5% of the files have already been backed up. I can’t believe what garbage this turned out to be. You wasted a great deal of my time and gave me precious little of yours. I don’t know how I stumbled across Backup4All (it did not appear in any lists of “best backup software”), but I am sorry that I did.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: I give up: first ignored by support, now backup goes haywire

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We are answering all emails as soon as possible. Your emails were not ignored, but they came during the weekend when we are not at the office.
We already replied to your emails asking you to send us the backup log and the backup catalog (the .bkc file from the backup destination) to support[at]backup4all[dot]com, in order to see how you configured the backup job and advice you in case something was incorrectly set.
We are still waiting the files, so we can help you.

gfnovato

Re: I give up: first ignored by support, now backup goes haywire

Post by gfnovato »

My first request for help was sent last Thursday at 2:20 pm (my time), so unless you take 3-day weekends, your weekend excuse is not valid. Last night's hour-plus backup duplicating the entire set of files already backed up was the final straw, and I've uninstalled the application. I was really primed to like Backup4All and give it every chance, but all of these issues and the lengthy wait for support were deal killers.