How Upload file to cloud after local backup is completed?

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
joepr

How Upload file to cloud after local backup is completed?

Post by joepr »

Hello Support or Members

My full backup is working perfectly to a USB drive and I will like to upload a copy of that same backup to my cloud storage as soon it's done copying to the USB drive. Is there a way I could achieve this?

I know I could configure a new full backup to achieve this however the full backup to USB takes around 17hrs. I don't want to wait a additional 17 hours to complete the process and upload to the cloud.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
Very Happy Backup4all User.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: How Upload file to cloud after local backup is completed?

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Those 17 hours includes the source scan and source zipping.
You can create a new Mirror backup job to copy the zip files from USB to cloud, without having to wait for the 2 phases above.
Both jobs should be included in the same tag and when you run the tag, the two backup jobs will be executed one after the other.

joepr

Post by joepr »

Hello Adrian

Thanks so much for the suggestion . I will try this and let you know my progress.

Best Regards

joepr

Post by joepr »

Hello Adrian

Just a quick correction. My source for the full backup is a local folder on the computer, my destination is a NAS (no USB) using a SFTP protocol. This is working great. Then by following your suggestion I create a new mirror backup.

But I came to a problem... On this mirror backup how do I select the .ZIP files on the NAS? I can't see a way to SFTP the NAS . Any suggestions?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

In the first description you said the destination is an USB drive. That is why I gave you that solution.
If the backup job destination is a SFTP server, that solution does not work, as you cannot select sources from SFTP.