Help! My Brain Doesn't Work!

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Dillinger

Help! My Brain Doesn't Work!

Post by Dillinger »

Hi,

I've got Backup4all Professional 4.8 and am stuck at first base.

What I want to do is back up 3 different types of files; my music, my photos and my documents.

I started by doing a full back up of all of those and then expected to be able to run incremental backups after that.

No such luck - when I select 'Backup - Run backup job' and select any of my full backups it does not allow me to change the backup type from full backup.

I appreciate that I'm probably doing something incredibly dumb or missing a very simple point; but having read the blurb I can't figure it out. I want to every now and again amend the back up to reflect the new state of my music/photos/documents as they change through time. I don't want to schedule it to do that automatically because I'm not regularly on my home PC.

Could someone take pity on me and explain, in terms a 5 year old could understand, what I need to do (I say that as I have a 5 year old son and will get him to explain it to me if you help... :D )?

Many thanks

Dillinger

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Help! My Brain Doesn't Work!

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You need a single backup job for that. The backup type used should be Incremental. The first backup will be a full, after that incremental backups will be performed.
To change the backup type, please open Backup4all, right click the backup job and select Properties.
Go to Type page and select incremental.
Press Save.

Dillinger

Re: Help! My Brain Doesn't Work!

Post by Dillinger »

There you go! That makes sense - many thanks

Dillinger