Filter Confusion

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
wacole

Filter Confusion

Post by wacole »

Hello,

I'm just starting to use B4A so I apologize in advance if I'm not understanding some things correctly.

I have an exclude filter set on a backup job. The exclude filter is:

*.mp3, *.wav, *.xml, *.m3u, *.mpg, *.wmv,*.ico

However, it appears than any argument past the *.mp3 in the string is not recognized, as my backup does include these other file types. The backup does NOT include .mp3 file types - which is good.

I've attached a screenshot of my filter setting for this backup job [I couldn't figure out how to insert it into this message.]

Thanks very much,
Bill Cole
Attachments
Screen shot of filter settings
Screen shot of filter settings
01013 b4a filter.png (47.82 KiB) Viewed 4673 times

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Filter Confusion

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please note you did not entered the filters correctly.
You must add the file extensions one by one, not all of them in the same line.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

wacole

Post by wacole »

Thank you very much for that information.

I did as you said and added a single line for each of the file extensions that I needed to exclude and then re-ran the backup job. This, sadly, did not solve the problem as, in particular, the .wav files did in fact get backed up which I didn't want [the .mp3 files did not - which is what I wanted]. I've attached a screenshot of the revised filters settings. I was going to add a copy of the log from that last backup but the forum said that its extension wasn't allowed.

In addition .xml files which I wanted to back up were not, though .m3u and .ico files, which were to be excluded, were excluded. The test bed did not include .wmv or .mpg files. I wanted to get through the .wav problem first.

I guess I've done something wrong which I'm not seeing.

Advice, please.

Thank you very much.

Bill Cole
B4A 4.4 on XP SP3.
Attachments
01014 b4a filter.png
01014 b4a filter.png (50 KiB) Viewed 4661 times

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

It seems you did not understand my answer.
Please see the attached screen shots about how the filters must be defined.

About your problem with .wav files, please send us the backup catalog from View->Open Folder->Catalog Folder and the log file from View->Job Logs->Last backup log. Put the files into a zip archive and send them to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Attachments
01.JPG
01.JPG (33.01 KiB) Viewed 4659 times
02.JPG
02.JPG (11.02 KiB) Viewed 4659 times
Last edited by Adrian (Softland) on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

wacole

Post by wacole »

Thank you for the clarification. I have forwarded the two files you requested via email. Please let me know if they don't arrive in a timely way.

I'll wait to hear your analysis of the files before doing another test.

Thanks again,

Bill Cole

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

You have a customized filter, to exclude only some file types, that overwrites the main filter.
Please remove the customized filter and run again the backup.