Files that exist in the source are deleted from the destination

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
chbussler

Files that exist in the source are deleted from the destination

Post by chbussler »

Hi - effectively valid files are removed from the backup after the upgrade. What do you need from me so that I can show that valid files are not present anymore in the backup? Thanks.

chbussler

Re: Files that exist in the source are deleted from the destination

Post by chbussler »

So I am going through my jobs one-by-one and running repair. Turns out, that in one job 37 files were detected to be lost on the destination. A second job was not able to detect that there were files in the destination and now creates a whole new direction in the destination re-uploading all files. So the backup really messed up my system considerably.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the last backup log and the .bkc catalog file to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Let us know one file which should not have been deleted.

nielspeterhermansen

Post by nielspeterhermansen »

To whom it may concern
When upgrading from v8 to v9 and thereafter importing jobs from v8 to v9 one job behaved mysteriously. By mysteriously I mean that files backupped properly in version 8 in version 9 was "cancelled" and not backup'ed. On inspection there seems to be nothing apparent in the cancelled files that should suggest a "cancellation". And why should there be? No problems in backup v8. Can anyone explain this difference in behavior between v8 and v9?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

@nielspeterhermansen

In order to find out the problem, please send us the last backup log and the .bkc catalog file for that job, to support[at]backup4all[dot]com