files repeatedly backedup in incremental sets

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
ckarnik

files repeatedly backedup in incremental sets

Post by ckarnik » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi,

How can I troubleshoot a strange situation that is happening with my backup set. I have about 4500 files that I'm backing up. I setup an incremental job for these: so the first backup is a full set. About 9 files from these 4500 are repeatedly backedup in the incremental sets after the first full set. Again not just once, but every incremental set has these 9 files. These 9 have not changed since the full backup nor is the job setup as a differential.

Any help?

Thanks,
ck

Support

Re: files repeatedly backedup in incremental sets

Post by Support » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi,

Please go to Backup Properties->Advanced->Comparison.
Uncheck one criteria and press Save.
Press F3 to go to Statistics View and press the button to Calculate statistics....
See if those 9 file will be backed up again.
If they will, please go back and uncheck another criteria to find the one that sees your files as modified.

ckarnik

Re: files repeatedly backedup in incremental sets

Post by ckarnik » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks for your suggestion.

I removed all attributes (leaving in the mandatory size comparison) now those files do not show up in subsequent incremental backups.

Awesome product I like all the granular ways you can create backups ... I use it create a backup-set and then upload what b4all creates to online storage sites.

ck