File Not found

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
avo-ken

File Not found

Post by avo-ken »

I am a new user and in evaluation period of my testing. I have successfully performed local backup of my PC but I am having troubles with backing up my website through FTPS. In my log I get 31519 warnings "The system can not find the path" but it does backup some of the files. I have no idea why the files are not being found. If I go back to my mapped FTP drive it all is there. I have no idea where to look for the origination of the problem nor how to fix it. This has happened more than once. I have FTPS mapped to my network drive using NetDrive2.

I tried to attach the log but .txt and .pdf files are not allowed for some reason.

Log File Here: www.avoutlet.com/support/furez_backup_log.pdf

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ken

Adrian (Softland)

Re: File Not found

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Log file cannot be accessed on the link you provided.
Please run an independent test after backup, by pressing the Test (F9) button.
Let us know the results.

avo-ken

Post by avo-ken »

I have found some connectivity issues with Netdrive2. I reconfigured Netdrive2 and the file not found messages went away. I have thus received other errors in the log files though. "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" I think this is link to the Backup4All setting to "Store temporary catalog data in memory" note I have 16Gb of ram so I do not know why there would be insufficient memory. Anbyhow, deselecting that setting fixed that error but the Backup runs at a snails pace. I aborted the backup at 11hrs of run time and only being 4% done. I have no idea why the backup is so slow. I am starting to mess around with WebDrive instead. My first quick stab did not go well. I was not able to get Backup4All to work with WebDrive. I can see the drive through the Backup4All interface but can select/deselect or expand the folder. Do you have any tips on configuring WebDrive or any other reliable server mapping solutions? I have tried bitkinex and did not like that. I have setup webdisk through cPanel for WebDAV but that interface through windows is very buggy and unreliable.

I removed the log file and emailed it to support. I decided I did not want my personal log info out there on a forum.

Thanks
Ken

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

How fast is the transfer speed if you copy the files using File Explorer from Windows with the mapped drive of Netdrive2?

avo-ken

Post by avo-ken »

I have uninstalled NetDrive2 and installed Webdrive to do some testing. But from what I can remember the file transfer speed through a mapped NetDrive 2 drive was fine. I am/was experiencing some problems with Webdrive as well when configured with backup4all. Some of my problems have been resolved now but I still do not have a solution that works.

I have tried several drive mapping and backup apps. I think one of them has caused system corruption. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programs and that did not fix my issues. I actually had to restore my computer to a revious point. Yes, system restore. I hate to have to do that but the problems I have been experiencing went beyond just the use of Backup4All. Anyhow, post restore I do have improved capabilities with mapped drives but things aren't working the way they should. I plan on completely reinstalling the OS and all programs this weekend and will continue to try the software.

I am not 100% sure which program cause the file corruption but I think it was either bitkinex or netdrive.

Anyhow, I will post my progress next week.

Ken

avo-ken

Post by avo-ken »

Keeping in mind that my system still may have some corrupt files. I did run another test.

I mapped the same ftp-drive using both NetDrive2 and Webdrive.
Than I copied and pasted the same files to my local drive.
488 Files.

After app. 2 minutes
Netdrive2 is only 8% Complete
Webdrive is already at 44% complete.

Webdrive was actually started about 30 seconds after NetDrive as well so it should have had a disadvantage

Ken

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Was the backup speed improved after reinstalling OS?

avo-ken

Post by avo-ken »

I did actually reconfigure my PC this weekend and I am hesitant to install NetDrive2. I have continued testing with Webdrive however. I am still have problems with mapped drive availability.

Note: I am now testing on a WIN 7 PC and a WIN 8 PC. To protect my WIN 8 PC I am testing on the WIN 7 PC which is a less critical PC.

Here is what I am finding.

In working scenaraios - WebDrive is faster than NetDrive2

Backup4All works with mapped NetDrive2 Drive - Both WIn 7 and WIN 8 PCs
Backup4All does not work with mapped WebDrive drive - Both Win 7 and Win 8 PCs

After doing more testing I thought maybe WebDrive was the problem but I have installed other backup software that WebDrive mapped drives work with.
Altaro-Oops works with Webdrive - WIN 7 PC - Did not test on WIN 8 PC
HandyBackup works with Webdrive - WIN 7 PC - Did not test on WIN 8 PC
D_Back works with Webdrive - WIN 7 PC - Did not test on WIN 8 PC

Can you look into why Backup4All does not work with WebDrive? Note: I can select the drive in sources, select and deselect folders but when I start the backup it fails. Are there configuration settings I am missing? How do I enable USN Journal? Is this my problem? See below.

[3/25/2015 10:17:36 AM] Checking backup destination (Local hard drive)
[3/25/2015 10:17:36 AM] Opening file "C:\Users\mobile\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all 5\Catalogs\furez.bkc"
[3/25/2015 10:17:36 AM] Checking if the drives of the sources exist
[3/25/2015 10:19:36 AM] Warning: Following drives could not be found: W:
[3/25/2015 10:19:36 AM] Checking backup destination (Local hard drive)
[3/25/2015 10:19:36 AM] Creating the list of files to backup
[3/25/2015 10:19:36 AM] Opening file ":memory:"
[3/25/2015 10:19:36 AM] Cannot use USN journal for this backup. Reason: USN journal disabled in settings
[3/25/2015 10:19:36 AM] Folders found to backup: 0
[3/25/2015 10:19:36 AM] Files found to backup: 0 (0 bytes)

The FTP source I am connecting to is SSL/TLS.

Thanks
Ken

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the problem here. I also created a ticket for this problem.

avo-ken

Post by avo-ken »

Thanks for testing this. It has been driving me crazy and I really want to use Backup4All. Webdrive seems to be the best product to pair it up with. Please keep me informed of the progress.