Error Message With New Backup4all 5

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
gblss

Error Message With New Backup4all 5

Post by gblss »

Every time I re-boot after installing the new version 5 I get 4 error messages "Access violation at address 77C78E19 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 00000014." I am using Windows 7 and have admin rights. Does anyone know how to stop this? This Backup4all standard Version 5.

mikolajek

Re: Error Message With New Backup4all 5

Post by mikolajek »

Same for me with Backup4All Professional 5.0.300 and 5.0.302 run on Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

There are several such error messages popping up at the system start up and when closing some of them, a new window or more with the same contents appear.

I've reported it to support.

mikolajek

Post by mikolajek »

Hello, the solution suggested by the support was changing the name of the following folder: C:\Users\<appdata>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all 5\

It works, though the problem is that all backup jobs and B4All settings are lost then and you have to import backups and re-create settings. Another problem is that after the upgrade (to 304 build) the problem is back as the new folder was created. And the story turns another circle...

That's a big issue for me. If you don't realize your backups will not run.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the content of the renamed folder into a zip archive to support[at]backup4all[dot]com

gblss

Post by gblss »

This seems to be fixed with build 307 of version 5.