Doesn't run on windows startup

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
KBeng

Doesn't run on windows startup

Post by KBeng » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:13 pm

I just upgraded to Backup4all 4 and moved to Windows 7 and I can't get it to run at windows startup. I have Start at Windows startup checked and visualation mode set to minimized on windows startup (I changed it from tray based on a recommendation in this forum). Any other suggestions?

Support

Re: Doesn't run on windows startup

Post by Support » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Hi,

Please go to Control Panel->Task Scheduler. Do you see the task for Backup4all to start at Windows Startup?

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:11 pm

Yes, the scheduled backups show in the Task Scheduler. Where would it show that Backup4All should run at Windows startup?

Support

Post by Support » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:41 am

Hi,

In Triggers tab, the task should be set to start at log on.

KBeng

Post by KBeng » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Seems to me that would make it run when I start the program, rather than at Windows startup. The way my previous version worked was that Backup4All would open at Windows startup, minimized. Then, at the time I had it scheduled, it would run the backup and then shut down automatically. Right now it's running the backup at the scheduled time, but I have to manually start it when I start Windows. I could put it in the Startup folder to run at Windows startup, but I didn't have to do that before. If I go to Tools->Options->Startup in the program, I can see that the "Start at Windows startup" box is checked, but it is not doing that.

Support

Post by Support » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi,

We don't have such problems here.
Please make sure there is not firewall blocking Backup4all to start at Windows startup.