Clean will not delete one backup

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
fedie0007

Clean will not delete one backup

Post by fedie0007 »

I like to run a clean backup periodically before running a full backup to clean out the directory and reset the backup number back to 0. Last time I ran a clean on one of my full backups it did not clean the latest incremental backup correctly. I failed to notice this and ran my full backup. I noticed it when my backup number did not reset to 0. I tried numerous times to clean this one incremental backup but it fails to do so every time. It never gives me an error, just says 0 files cleaned and it does not erase from my clean backup dialog box(which says it has 0 files and 0 bytes). This backup does not exist on my destination drive and I was wondering if there is a way to tell the software that this backup does not exist. I did not think it was an issue until I just tried to restore a file. It will not restore any file from this backup. It gives me no errors, just the same 0 files restored message. I am hoping that getting rid of this ghost incremental backup that must have cleaned incorrectly will allow me to restore from this file again.

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Clean will not delete one backup

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

To make sure the catalog will delete all backup entries, please open Backup Properties->Advanced.
In the "Run action before backup" section, select "Run program or action" (with <Clear backup> selected) and "Run only once" option.
Press Save and run the backup.
A complete new backup will be performed.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html