Changing Windows 7 scheduling option causes B4A to indicate backup not scheduled

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Rick the regular

Changing Windows 7 scheduling option causes B4A to indicate backup not scheduled

Post by Rick the regular »

Hi B4A techos,
I might be pushing the envelope here, but I have an issue with my scheduled backup. I create a new backup, and specify that I want it scheduled by Windows. I check the Windows scheduler and it has been added. I also check the Backup4all Brief view, and the backup has the next scheduled backup indicated correctly. I then find that I can change the Windows schedule so that the option "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled task is missed" is checked. I'd like to have my backup executed if I switch my PC on later than the backup schedule time. If I change this option in the Windows scheduler, Backup4all's Brief view tells me "Next scheduled backup: Not scheduled". If I check the Scheduler tab in the backup's properties, there is nothing. However, Windows still schedules the backup. There appears to be something amiss here.
Thanks,
Rick.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Changing Windows 7 scheduling option causes B4A to indicate backup not scheduled

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

If you edit the scheduler outside Backup4all, it won't be recognized in Backup4all, but it still works.

Rick the regular

Re: Changing Windows 7 scheduling option causes B4A to indicate backup not scheduled

Post by Rick the regular »

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm happy with that explanation.