Change location catalogs

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
CUERVOAO

Change location catalogs

Post by CUERVOAO »

Hi,

I have tried to change the location of the catalogs, but I have not been successful.

I went to FILE -> OPTIONS -> APPLICATION FOLDERS in the option OVERRIDE SETTINGS FOLDER change the default location C: \ ... to a new location in a secondary disk E: \. I accept the change.

When a new backup task is executed, the catalog is created in the default location and not in the new location of the E disk:

The backup task was created before the change of C: by E :.

Can someone help me with this problem? Why catalogs are still stored on disk C instead of E?

Thank you very much for your help.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Change location catalogs

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

If you open again File->Options->Application folders, is the new path selected for "Overwrite settings folder"?
The files from the old location should be moved in the new location when you change the settings. Were those files moved? are there any settings/catalog files in the new location?

CUERVOAO

Post by CUERVOAO »

1. Yes, The location of the E disk is selected (checkbox is marked with path a new location)

2. Yes, I moved (copy+paste) the files from the default location (C:) to the new location of the E disk:
But when I run a backup task, the catalog is recreated in folder C instead of E

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The files must be moved by Backup4all. That is how you see it worked. If Backup4all cannot move the files, there could be a permission issue.