Cannot activate version 5 on W2K3

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
evit

Cannot activate version 5 on W2K3

Post by evit »

Hello,

I recently purchased and installed Backup4all 5, installed it, but it doesn't allow me to activate. It seems to just sit there and not do anything. After it failed the first 5 times I tried to do the offline method but now the application will not even start. :cry:

Is it looking to start up IE to process the activation? Remember that IE configurations are hardened on all server versions so it may cause LOTS of problems for users and many support requests. Or maybe I'm incorrect in my assumptions.

Perhaps it might be a better idea to allow the application to just start up without a license and THEN allow a user to enter in an activation code.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Cannot activate version 5 on W2K3

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Can you give me access to your computer using TeamViewer to assist you with the activation?
Please send me info to support[at]backup4all[dot]com

joekov

Re: Can't activate ver. 5 on Windows Vista

Post by joekov »

I pasted the valid Product key from my email for Backup4all Lite, but a dialog opened: 'Activation error: This key isn't valid for this application.' Note: I installed the portable version from Softpedia.com as an Easter giveaway.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Cannot activate version 5 on W2K3

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

@joekov: please send us an email to support[at]backup4all[dot]com with the key you tried to use.