Blu ray in drive " " is not ready

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
apagano1241

Blu ray in drive " " is not ready

Post by apagano1241 »

I'm a new user.

I purchased Backup4all for its mirror feature with blu ray discs. I'm trying to backup my wife's photo collection. My first attempt was to burn a blu ray set of discs (Memorex BD-Rs, 25Gb) for a photo folder on the C drive about 128Gb in size. I've tried twice and both times I receive an error message that the fifth disc did not burn properly and to try another disc. Attempts to try another disc fail with the Drive F: is not ready message. For both attempts the discs prior to the fifth are fine; the fifth is unreadable.

I'm using a desktop PC running windows 7 with all the updates and a brand new Plextor PX-950SA internal burner with the latest firm ware. I've run the plextor utilities and found nothing wrong with the burner.

Any idea what's going wrong?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Blu ray in drive " " is not ready

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please open Backup4all, go to Tools->Options->CD, DVD or Blu-ray.
Select the SPTD burning engine, restart the computer and try again, do you have the same problem?

apagano1241

Post by apagano1241 »

Sorry for the delay in replying; my area was hit with Hurricane Sandy and I was without power until last night.

I followed your suggested solution and thereafter made two successful "mirror" burns to blu ray with disc spanning. Thanks for the help.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I'm glad you are fine and the backup problem is now solved.