Backup4all does random full backups!

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
becker2168

Backup4all does random full backups!

Post by becker2168 »

I'm currently running Win 7 64 bit and Backup4All 4.8. I have the program set to do a daily Incremental backup to an external USB drive. Naturally, the very first backup is a FULL backup. After the initial backup, the incremental backups begin. It seems fine for several days, then all of a sudden the program does a FULL backup. I checked all the settings...all settings seem to be fine...I have NO cleanup areas checked and have NO settings marked for full backup anywhere. I made sure Local Catalogs are checked and I also double checked the location of the backup catalogs.

Why does the program do random FULL backups. It would be fine if monthly a random backup was made but just last week it did a full backup after only 3 incremental backups and this week it just completed a full backup after only 8 incremental backups.

Is there some hidden feature that needs to be turned off to eliminate this issue.

Thanks,
Bob

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup4all does random full backups!

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send me the following files to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
- the last backup log from View->Job Logs->Last backup log.
- the .bkc catalog file from the backup destination.
Put both files into a zip archive.

becker2168

Post by becker2168 »

Information was sent to you yesterday afternoon.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The problem was that the network source drive reported a different modified time for each file. That is why Backup4all detected all files as modified and backed them up again.