Backup4all deleted my backup

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
backdraft

Backup4all deleted my backup

Post by backdraft »

Hi,

A couple of days ago I ran my usual backup job since I had added a few new files.
As the backup job started during the scan backup4all interpreted all the files as new. The counter in the lower left hit something like 40 000 when I only added a few new files.
I let it finish the job and when to check the backup files on my external HDD, everything was gone. Only the folders were there but no files.

I'm using mirror backup with "delete missing files" enabled. For some reason B4A thought those files dont exist on my pc's drive anymore, but their all there.
I've used this backup job for months now, and it has always worked fine til now.
I deleted the backup job and created a new one which worked fine. All the files were copied.

Seems like a pretty big bug to me.
How can this happen?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup4all deleted my backup

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Were the source files in the same location or you moved them?
Have you added/changed any filters for that job?
If you deleted that backup job, we cannot see what changed.

We never had such problems here and no other client reported such a problem.

If the same problem appears on your computer, please let us know.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

backdraft

Post by backdraft »

Hi,

I haven't moved the source files.
Only thing I have sometimes changed is the "delete missing files".
On the new job I didn't check that option, so hopefully it wont delete my files anymore.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Let us know if the problem appears again.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html