Backup4All change the folders letter case

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Max A.

Re: Backup4All change the folders letter case

Post by Max A. »

Hi,

Please download the file via Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrv3gu64ku2nn ... backup.zip
That will prevent us of finding the messages in spam folder.

Max

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the problem using your catalog. The problem will be fixed.

Max A.

Post by Max A. »

[quote="Support"]I was able to reproduce the problem using your catalog. The problem will be fixed.[/quote]
Hi, that will be fine, the Backup4All is a good software, but it can be absolutelly unusable some somebodies (for me for example) because of such stupid bugs. No too prinsital for Windows users, but very critical for *NIX backups where the files and directories case is sensitive. I'm the developer too, so I'm happy to help you in this bug fixing, cannot keep silence in such moments :)
Hope, that the fix will be easy, looks like that's some simple bug.
BTW, there is the new feature "Smart backup", it has the same problem as far as I remember.

net_user

Post by net_user »

I can also confirm that Backup4all 5.0.396 changes the case in mirror backups. The backup job was created anew in the most recent version of the program.

Rebeccah

Post by Rebeccah »

Can someone please confirm if this has really been fixed in version 5? I have an older version and have been holding off on upgrading until this was fixed.

Thanks,

Rebeccah

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Yes, the problem is solved in version 5 of Backup4all.
You can download the latest build which is now 5.2.643