Backup4all: Cannot create folder, continious backup adding and other

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
PSG

Backup4all: Cannot create folder, continious backup adding and other

Post by PSG »

hi
I use backup4all pro version 8.9 build 352
this are the problems:
1. I run backup type mirror, about 1060GB, it took some time and finish but i found missing folders in destination OneDrive cloud.
Missing folders were files i didn't touch for about 3years. I run backup again and it found over 1.2GB files to add, again it took a while and backup finish job.
i again run backup and again it found 600MB of files what a f...k is that ? How can i be sure i made backup of all files i need ?

2. backup can't add folders with % in name, i add filter *%* for folders (not files) section and now backup4all can see that folders and files in source, but will not copy them to destination, i see in log after backup this error:
[29.12.2020 18:08:29] Warning: Skipping file /_kopie_zapasowe/kopia_zapasowa/D/util/gsm/phones/Mitsubishi/mitsubishi_cable_100%/MitsWrkShp2/PSO/4BE02500.pso
Cannot create folder "/_kopie_zapasowe/kopia_zapasowa/D/util/gsm/phones/Mitsubishi/mitsubishi_cable_100%/MitsWrkShp2/PSO".
i deleted 7 different folders from source drive (using windows explorer.exe), than i start backup4all, I checked program detect deleted folders so again I run a backup type: mirror, backup finished but deleted from source drive 7 folders are still present in destination backup folder ! WHY? what is this? is it mirror type or what ?!!!!!!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup4all: Cannot create folder, continious backup adding and other

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us all backup logs for that job and also the .bkc catalog file.
Send them to support[at]backup4all[dot]com

That path has a folder name which contains % character.
This character is not allowed by OneDrive for business (SharePoint).
See more details here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/off ... characters

Please send us to support[at]backup4all[dot]com:
- The last backup log
- The .bkc catalog file from the backup destination
- The name and path of a folder which was not deleted