backup4all and data backup upto 250 GB

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.

backup4all and data backup upto 250 GB

Post by Guest »

Hi

We are looking for some software to backup approximately 250 of data form one of file cluster( windows 2003 64bit) from production network to one of server in staging network setup which has enough free space on 2 drives. We have maaped an nbt share to use this backup space.
we had been using nt backup till however ntbackup fails while verifying the weekly full backup set .

i have few queries regarging backup4all

what volume of data has been tested to backup with backup4all and verification ?
will it take system state backup ?

deepa

Re: backup4all and data backup upto 250 GB

Post by deepa »

In addition I would like know, when I chosoe to limit the number of backup counts(using destination backup as FTP), which backup4all log file has entries on updates about deleting old backup sets.
While testing i found that old backup set was deleted but i couldnt locate entries in log file.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We tested Backup4all with hundreds of GB but we also have clients backing up over 1 TB of files using Backup4all.

Please note Backup4all will not back up the system state as it was designed for data files backup.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

deepa

Post by deepa »

thanks,

however i would like to know if this software can be installed onto filecluster and how to set it up? so as we can backup dat from san drives.
In addition I would like know, when I chosoe to limit the number of backup counts(using destination backup as FTP), which backup4all log file has entries on updates about deleting old backup sets.
While testing i found that old backup set was deleted but i couldnt locate entries in log file.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Yes, you can install Backup4all on any computer running Windows OS.
Have you enabled the detailed logs? If not, please follow these steps:
1. Go to: Tools menu->Options->Logs and history
2. In the Content section, please set (check) the Log detailed information and Include summary in log options
3. In the Log folder section, please select Unlimited size
4. Run the backup and see the detailed log in View->Job Logs->Last backup log.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html