backup won't continue

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
JanvW

backup won't continue

Post by JanvW »

I have a large backup job to do after a re-install of Windows. I have several daily backups on an internal drive that I now want to backup on an external drive. The map I know that I can stop the backup at the end of the day and then start the backup the next day to finish the backup. It should continue, but it doesn't. When I click on Backup first i get the message loading job catalogs, then I get the notification that the backup finished OK in .... minutes.

Backup seems to think that the backup is finished, but some 140 GB are missing from one folder and the last folder is not back upped at all.

I deleted this job and made a new one and the same happened (twice). Is there a way to solve this?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: backup won't continue

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please open Backup Properties->Advanced page and uncheck the "Smart file scanning mode" option.
Press Save and run again the backup. Does it includes the remaining files?

What about if you go to Statistics View (F3) and run calculate statistics? does it finds the files to be backed up?

JanvW

Re: backup won't continue

Post by JanvW »

Thanks for the reply. I did what you suggested and now the backup continues as I hoped it would. Thanks a lot. Jan