Backup job not shown in B4A scheduler but existing in windows

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
CSDI

Backup job not shown in B4A scheduler but existing in windows

Post by CSDI »

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a backup job to OneDrive Business with B4A Pro 8.5 in trial. I'm planning to buy a pro licence if I can get it working...

Brand new very simple Server with Win 2016 server standard OS. All Microsoft hotfix installed.

B4A used with the Administrator account.

A simple smart task of a set of folders is setup to be backed up to a dedicated OneDrive Business 1 TB account.

The task was created without any issue. Connexion test ok.
The task runs and completes without issue when started manually from the GUI.

I setup a simple schedule for this task (once a day every 5 days of the week) in B4A.

Issue : the task doesn't show in the schedule tab of B4A. But it appears in the windows task scheduler under Softland > Backup4All 8.

When started from the windows scheduler, the task completes instantly but returns a success code (0x0). But the task doesn't start in B4A.

I restared the B4A service and GUI : same issue, the task doesn't show in the scheduler.
Rebooted the server : same issue
Deleted the task in the windows scheduler and created a new one in B4A : again the task isn't showing in B4A's scheduler but is created in the windows tasks scheduler.

Any idea to make the scheduler working ? Thank you.

CSDI

Re: Backup job not shown in B4A scheduler but existing in windows

Post by CSDI »

After a few tests, I figured the issue source.

The job doesn't show if the windows account specified to run the task is not the current user account.

In my case, I'm logged on the Domain\Administrator windows account but specified another administrator member account to schedule the task : Domain\service

If I schedule the task with the administrator account, It is created in the windows scheduler and does shows in B4A's scheduler, and should run as planned.

But using the administrator account to run tasks is never a great idea on a domain controller (for security and password management reasons) and goes against best practices. We always run third party tasks with another dedicated admin account's credentials.

Could you look into the issue to allow running the task from another specified windows account as it should theoretically be possible ?

Thanks.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup job not shown in B4A scheduler but existing in windows

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

In Backup4all you can see only the scheduled tasks configured to run under the user account currently logged on.