Backup folder renamed with (1) on the end

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Tungsten

Backup folder renamed with (1) on the end

Post by Tungsten »

Hi
I created a backup of "My Documents" folder on an external drive and all worked fine.

I then decided to create a copy backup using the "Create Like" command because I wanted to try some changes without deleting the original backup.

After deciding that the copy backup was the one I wanted, I deleted the original backup file. Now however my backup folder on the external drive is named "My Documents(1)" and "My Documents(1).bkc"

How can I get rid of the "(1)" from the folder names. I've tried just renaming but the same file name is recreated during the next backup.

Thanks

Tungsten

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup folder renamed with (1) on the end

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I understand the backup job name in Backup4all is "My Documents" and the .bkc file with the backup folder in destination have (1) as suffix.

Follow these steps:
1. Rename the backup job in Backup4all to "My Documents_1". The file and folder in destination will be automatically renamed too.
2. Delete/rename any file/folder in destination with "My Documents" name.
3. In Backup4all, rename the backup job "My Documents_1" to "My Documents".
4. Press Save.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Tungsten

Re: Backup folder renamed with (1) on the end

Post by Tungsten »

Hi

Thanks, that worked great

Tungsten