Backup Failing-The process cannot access the file

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
ETKBrett

Backup Failing-The process cannot access the file

Post by ETKBrett »

I have had a few instances where I have the backups fail because of this error. "The process cannont access the file beacuse it is being used by another process". I have researched the issue online but haven't really found any answers to it. It usually corrects itself but not after a couple days go by. Has any one faced this issue before? Also we are using Backup4all Professional 4.9. I will put the full message below. Thanks.

Brett

(I replaced the FTP address with X's)

[3/27/2014 8:57:34 AM] Saving backup catalog "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all Professional 4\bkcFiles\DailyHoutrust.bkc"
[3/27/2014 8:57:54 AM] Error: Backup aborted. Reason:
Cannot upload file "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all Professional 4\bkcFiles\DailyHoutrust.bkc" to "/{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}" (FTP).
Cannot create file "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all Professional 4\bkcFiles\DailyHoutrust.bkc". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup Failing-The process cannot access the file

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Do you have the latest version of Backup4all 4.9? that is 4.9.292

Is there any antivirus scanning the file in that moment?
Do you have the same problem if you create a new small backup job to the same FTP destination?

ETKBrett

Post by ETKBrett »

Version 4.9 Build 291

There is an antivirus but I have added the Softland folder to the exceptions list.

I am working on testing the Test Backup. I will post my results when I am finished.

Thanks,

Brett

ETKBrett

Post by ETKBrett »

After testing, I was getting the same error as before. I had a different PC having the issue as well and the test worked but still couldn't backup on my main profile. What is different between the two?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Is this the folder you put in exceptions list?
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Softland