Backup Aborted: Incomplete Zip File

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
WebMaster-B4a

Backup Aborted: Incomplete Zip File

Post by WebMaster-B4a »

Mirror backup aborts with Reason: Incomplete Zip File

What is the cause of this error and how is it corrected.
No file is noted in job log.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup Aborted: Incomplete Zip File

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the last backup log from View->Job Logs->Last backup log.
Put it in a zip archive and send it to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

WebMaster-B4a

Re: Backup Aborted: Incomplete Zip File

Post by WebMaster-B4a »

After receiving email from support requesting a detailed job log with instruction on creating a detail log, which I was unaware of, I was able to find the incomplete zip file and correct the problem.

To create detailed job log: Open Backup4all, go to Tools->Options- >Logs and history
In the Content section, set (check) the Log detailed information and Include summary in log options
In the Log folder section, please select Unlimited size

The detailed log indicated the folder with the incomplete zip file but did not indicate if the source or mirror was the problem.
Since there was no zip file in the source I deleted the zip file from the mirror and successfully reran the backup.

Apparently the error message is indicating that the zip file in the mirror is incomplete, was corrupted somehow. It would
be helpful if the initial error message would indicate the problem file or folder.

This item can be closed.