Backing up an SFTP mount

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
rlbyrd

Backing up an SFTP mount

Post by rlbyrd »

I'm running version 9.4 (registered) on a Windows 10 box. On that server, I have a Linux box mounted via SFTP using a Linux user with full rights to the Linux box.

In Windows Explorer, I can navigate around the Linux server (mounted as drive T:) just fine. Read and write access.

However, when the backup job runs (I have several directories -- /home, /etc, /usr/local/bin -- as mirror backups to a location on my NAS) I get this in the log:

[2/9/2022 12:31:03 AM] Warning: Skipping file T:\usr\local\bin
Source error (code 111612032). Cannot find description of this error code. (T:\usr\local\bin).
Please check the file permissions
[2/9/2022 12:31:03 AM] Warning: Skipping file T:\usr\local\cron
Source error (code 111612032). Cannot find description of this error code. (T:\usr\local\cron).
Please check the file permissions

Interestingly, on some of my Linux boxes I back up this way, everything works fine. On this one box, it doesn't.

I'm not running SELinux and firewalld is disabled, and as noted above, I can browse and view files fine via Windows Explorer.

Any ideas?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backing up an SFTP mount

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Can you manually copy-paste those skipped folders using File Explorer?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

rlbyrd

Re: Backing up an SFTP mount

Post by rlbyrd »

Yes, I can, and did, as a stopgap.