B4aCmd.exe begins running without notice

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
cwinchell

B4aCmd.exe begins running without notice

Post by cwinchell »

Hello,

I cannot figure out why B4aCmd.exe begins running. I have two schedules set to run at 7 and 8 pm CST and the B4aCmd.exe will start randomly throughout the day. How can I find out why this is? It looks like it runs forever too, which prevents another of my schedules from running....

Help!

Thanks in advance..

Adrian (Softland)

Re: B4aCmd.exe begins running without notice

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please open Control Panel->Task Scheduler and see all tasks created by Backup4all. Delete the ones you don't need.
You can also check the "C:\Windows\Tasks" to see if there are some other tasks.

cwinchell

Post by cwinchell »

Thanks.

As I had already suggested....
There is no other schedules other than the two I had configured. One to start at 7pm and the other to start at 8pm. There are no other job files in the C:\Windows\Tasks folder other than the ones I've created above.

Throughout the day, randomly, the B4aCmd.exe will start and consume cpu and +500MB of memory. Why?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

A file does not start by itself randomly, it has to be something starting it.

cwinchell

Post by cwinchell »

Agreed. But what? I have removed all tasks, the file still starts...

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

You said the file starts randomly. There should be a fixed time or a specific event before that. Can you find which one is?

Gaffer

Post by Gaffer »

What was the resolution??? No further postings? I have backups running even though I asked for them only if the computer is idle for 3 hours. Yet they run when they want. As little as 45minutes apart. Why? I'm running the latest version -- 6.0 build 137 ............

Adrian (Softland)

The topic was created regarding B4aCmd.exe process, which is no longer part of Backup4all since version 5.
Versions 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and 4.x of Backup4all are no longer supported. To benefit from support and the added functionality we highly recommend upgrading to the latest version.

Please visit our upgrade page: https://secure.backup4all.com/shop/upgrade/step1.html

Your question is however about version 6, but in a wrong topic. Have you tried to recreate the scheduled task? Was it imported from another version of Backup4all?