9.8.770 Broke all Jobs & Previous Point Releases

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
[email protected]

9.8.770 Broke all Jobs & Previous Point Releases

Post by [email protected] »

Upon updating to 9.8.770 due to continued Scheduler crashes, with 9.8.743 I found all my jobs are now broken. I have emailed support multiple times without reply, concerning the error logs sent after upgrade to 9.8.770.

I asked for a copy of 9.8.743 since everything worked fine with that version. I was told

"You cannot download previous builds from our website.
The latest version should not broke any backup job, are you sure that is the problem?
If you want, please send us the last backup log for such a job, to see what the problem is about.
Or I can send you the previous build via wetransfer.com"

As I said, the logs were sent, no reply on the logs or the "wetransfer.com" link to 9.8.743.

I feel that if point releases are going to be pushed thru the app and we are required to be on the most current point release, before you will even consider a support request. The previous point releases should be provided and accessible to licensed customers once logged in, this is ridiculous and there is no justification for not providing a method to roll back from point releases. .

I now have several days of failed backups that would have likely worked just fine if I could have rolled back to 9.8.743, as they worked (with the scheduler crashing), but they at least worked...now I have been dead in the water for several days without any response from support.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: 9.8.770 Broke all Jobs & Previous Point Releases

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We don't keep old builds on the website. Only the latest one is available.
We fixed the problem yesterday and we sent you the link immediately as it was fixed.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Hello,

I understand only the latest build is available on the website. My issue is that if we choose to update when prompted thru the application, or upon your recommendation before considering a support request, and the newest build breaks something, we have no ability to roll back to a previous point release without contacting you and waiting days for the wetransfer link to the previous point release.

I understand if you don't want to make every single point release available to the public, but registered users who paid for and rely on the product should have the ability to login and obtain at least one previous point release when the update causes serious issues preventing previous working jobs from running successfully.

If you fixed the problem yesterday, that wasn't communicated to me...I did receive a wetransfer link to the 9.8.743 build, which would only install if I uninstalled the 9.8.770 build. I did so, and this morning I find all the jobs ran successfully, back on 9.8.743 which failed on 9.8.770.

Is these a newer point release now that resolved the issues caused by 9.8.770?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Yes, the latest release on our website is 9.8.774 which includes a fix for the backups with UNC path sources. Please download and install it.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html