1rst backup

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Michel

1rst backup

Post by Michel »

Hello,
I'm looking to change my actual backup software to try backup4all.
I'm currently backing up on an ftp server, and have nearly 20gb saved
Is there any way for 1rst backup only to scan source and destination to create catalog instead of perform a full backup which will be enormus time consuming ?
thanks for replies,
Michel

Adrian (Softland)

Re: 1rst backup

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

No, the first backup will include all source files and folders. Backup4all uses the backup catalog to determine which files will be backed up. It does not compare the source and the destination each time you run a new backup.

Michel

Post by Michel »

thanks for reply.

So I have another idea : I actually have 2 backups of my server : 1 local on an USB disk and a 2nd remote on a ftp server.

should it be possible with backup4all to perform a local full backup to create catalog and then export destination catalog on ftp and change destination in backup profile ?

thanks for replies
Michel

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

It's not such simple.
For example the Full backup type will create in destination a zip with all source files. Are your files zipped in destination?

Michel

Post by Michel »

Hello,
I'm using mirror backup and no zip file
Michel

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

You can do that if you use the mirror backup type and you respect the exact folder structure. Make sure the "Use local catalogs" option from Backup Properties->Advanced page is unchecked.

Michel

Post by Michel »

ok,
thanks for support.
Michel