I suggest adding option to use solid compression for backups (directly or via 3rd party tool- WinRAR and 7zip come to mind), which would be useful in connection with this request http://www.backup4all.com/forum/feedbac ... -t116.html (an extension could be made to include whole backup run into one file.
- much smaller backup size,
- in case of external packers: possibility of adding recovery (that is very valuable) and authentication data (WinRAR), increased backup speed with multi-threading support (WinRAR, 7zip)
- any extraction and backup modification/merging actions much longer than in case of current approach
- probably harder progress tracking in case of external tools
- useful in cases where backups are rarely restored
- allow to save disk space and/or keep greater number of versions
- I think some operations involving modification of solid archive files could be disabled, when solid compression is used
Tell us what you think about Backup4all and what would make it even better.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1