Better shutdown warning

Tell us what you think about Backup4all and what would make it even better.
rjantigua

Better shutdown warning

Post by rjantigua »

I have a shutdown action after some of my backups. If I'm on the machine at the time the backup completes, the only way I see the warning pop-up for shutdown is if the application is in the foreground. Since I'm not usually watching my backups, the application shuts down the machine and I can't abort the action.

Is there a way to have the pop-up show up no matter what application I'm using at the time? Or some obvious way that I'm alerted? Sound? Flashing mouse pointer??

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Better shutdown warning

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We will fix that problem.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

lwizard

Post by lwizard »

also in the checkbox for activating shutdown after completion, it would be great to add a choiche for switch beetween: Do nothing, shutdown, Hybernate or standby.
I know you can set hybernation after completion in backup options, but you must set that option before starting backup, while the shutdown checkbox on progression windows let you decide wearher reqesting any action also during backup (useful for long backup, if you decide not to wait anymore and go away).

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We consider the shutdown option in Progress view is used occasionally in case of a long backup when the user needs to leave the computer.
For regular long backups, we suggest you to configure the options in Backup Properties where you can configure more actions.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html