What if I restore my system

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
fred6633

What if I restore my system

Post by fred6633 »

Hello,

I make weekly images of my HD with Image for Windows and I do often restore with those images, especially when I have installed and uninstalled a lot of applications.

In Backup4all I make daily differential backups that are cleaned every seven days. Destination is an USB pen drive.

Say that I mess up my system and restore my HD to a state five days back with an image file.

Now I have a mismatch between the zip files on my USB drive and the backup jobs in Backup4all . The listed jobs in Actions->Clean are fewer than on the USB drive.

How do I go on now?

The first thing I want to do is restore my backup jobs. Then I want to continue with daily backups.

Thanks

Fred

fred6633

Re: What if I restore my system

Post by fred6633 »

I think this article explains how.

http://www.backup4all.com/kb/restore-da ... h-121.html

Fred

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please note the backup catalog file is stored in two locations: in the local catalog folder and in destination. In your case, you should use only the catalog from destination. Whenever you make a system restore, Backup4all will load the catalog from destination which is not affected by the system restore and it contains all your backup information.

To do that, please open Backup4all, go to Backup Properties->Advanced.
Uncheck the "Use local catalog" option.
Press Save.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

fred6633

Post by fred6633 »

Thanks,
I hadn't noticed that uncheck option.

Fred