Upgrade from v.6.6 to v.7.4

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
tiffy

Upgrade from v.6.6 to v.7.4

Post by tiffy »

Hi,

Have just upgraded my Backup4all from V.6.6 bld. 396 to V.7.4 bld. 461 by upgrade subscription.
Successfully migrated all my backup jobs to the new version and verified.
Noted that the old program version, V.6.6 is still fully installed and active but obviously without any backup jobs configured as now migrated to new version.

I now wish to delete the old V.6.6 program but not sure which is the best method to do so without causing issues with the current V.7.4 program.
I am running Win 8.1 64b. on a desktop PC.

Is there an "uninstall" option within the V.6.6 program ?
Should I use Windows uninstall ?
I did record the original V.6.6 installation via "Revo Uninstaller Pro" and could use this to uninstall, however, this can be very thorough and may possibly remove some components which are still in use with the new program version.

Although it would be quite easy to re-install & re-authorise V.7.4 would hate to loose my backup jobs configuration in the worse case scenario !

tiffy

Re: Upgrade from v.6.6 to v.7.4

Post by tiffy »

Update:

Having manually copied & edited all my batch files to the new Backup4all 7 folder (and verified operation) I decided to proceed with an uninstall of V.6.6 via my Revo Uninstaller Pro utility as I had a recorded install available.
Could have tried a Windows uninstall of V.6.6 which was available but decided to use Revo Uninstaller Pro as it is usually much more thorough.

Can report that this operation was successful and all traces of the old program where removed without any loss of functionality to V.7.4 recorded to date.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Upgrade from v.6.6 to v.7.4

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Version 6 and version 7 of Backup4all are considered 2 different applications. They can be installed/uninstalled independently. If you moved the backup jobs to version 7 of Backup4all, you can simply uninstall version 6.