Some v4 features apparently missing in v5

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
pg5555

Some v4 features apparently missing in v5

Post by pg5555 »

Hi there. I'm a Backup4all Professional v4 user who is trialling v5 at present. It doesn't seem to offer any major new features of interest to me and the new interface will require re-learning. I might have been tempted to purchase the v5 upgrade except that a couple of v4 features seem to be missing:

1. There is no Summary View for a backup job. I use this a lot in v4 for a quick overview of a backup job's setup. (Note that the v5 manual still makes several references to the Summary View, but it doesn't seem to exist any more.)

2. The status line for the currently selected running backup, which was displayed at the bottom of the v4 screen and showed helpful progress bars, has disappeared.

Am I missing something or have these features gone for good? Without them, I can see no net benefit for me in upgrading to v5.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Some v4 features apparently missing in v5

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

1. The backup summary can be found in the backup log, at the beginning. There is no Summary view in version 5
2. The progress bar and status is now visible on the backup job card.

Airman

Post by Airman »

I agree with pg5555. I have now installed b4all6 for evaluation (been using version 4 until now). I have descriptions with every backup, with many details importyant for me. In version6, both in cardview and in listview these descriptions are cut off after 95 characters. Opening a log file to see the full texts is cumbersome and ridiculous, you want to read these at first sight. Why is there no simple option to show these texts in a separate window?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

As we replied you to the email you already sent us, we created a ticket for Backup4all 6 to display the complete job description.