Powered Down at Scheduled Backup Time

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
DomH

Powered Down at Scheduled Backup Time

Post by DomH »

Hi All

Hoping that somebody may be able to help me. It is sometimes the case that my PC is switched off at the time a backup is scheduled. Is it possible to configure a backup task to run as soon as possible after the scheduled time (i.e. upon next boot up / log in)?

Windows Task Scheduler (WTS) appears to have an option within task settings to "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed" however I cannot find a similar option within Backup4All when defining the tasks. Can this be achieved with Backup4All?

Thanks for your help.

Dominic

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Powered Down at Scheduled Backup Time

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Backup4all is using the Windows Task Scheduler 1.0, the one available in Windows XP.
Moving to Windows Task Scheduler 2.0 (the one from Vista and Windows 7) would generate problems for our users with XP.

At this moment, the solution for you is to manually check that option in the scheduled tasks.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html