OneDrive link broken?

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
drc

OneDrive link broken?

Post by drc »

Hi, have successfully in the past backed up to OneDrive without an issue - most recently 22nd July. However, I recently came back from an extended holiday and find that the onedrive backup is no longer working and i wonder if an upgrade has broken it. I'm currently running Backup4all Professional 7.4.457.

The problem is that, when running a backup job for which the destination is OneDrive, Backup4all requests that i log into OneDrive to authenticate it. Despite doing this and giving Backup4all the requested permissions, the dialogue goes away and then simply re-appears. When I go into 'properties' and test the OneDrive connection it is fine (I assume the test runs the authentication protocol).

So this is what happens: On starting the backup job, almost immediately, a dialogue box opens and asks me to login to the cloud account. I click login and this presents me with a MS logon screen which when I have successfully logged on opens 'account.live.com/Consent/Update'. This asks me to:

---
Let this app access your info?
Backup4all 7 needs you to confirm its permission to:

Have full access to all files that you have access to
Have full access to all files that you have access to
Access your info at any time
Read your profile
---

I, of course, click the 'Yes' option. The window tells me that 'Backup4all 7 successfully authorized' and that i can close the window.

Whilst I am logging and clicking Yes in the browser, back4all has a dialogue box running saying 'waiting for authorization'. Once I've clicked 'Yes' the dialogue box disappears and the backup proceeds up to around 95%. At this stage the log-on prompt reappears. I repeat the above process. The log-on prompt goes away and almost immediately reappears and so on ad infinitum.

I have made sure that my default browser (Opera) is logged out of OneDrive (and anything else Microsoft Office 365 is logged out) before the backup.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

drc

Re: OneDrive and Google Drive link broken?

Post by drc »

An update: Overnight I backed up to Goggle Drive. Having set-up the Goggle Drive account via 'File --> Options --> online destinations'. Running the backup seemed fine.

This morning I noticed that the PC hadn't shut down (as it should do upon the successful completion of a backup) and i was being prompted for the Goggle Drive logon details (in exactly the same manner as the prompt for the OneDrive details above). However the backup job was showing 100%. So i when through the logon again and the backup job promptly completed and shut down the PC.

Why the additional prompt?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: OneDrive link broken?

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.
If you have this problem every time and it wasn't just one time issue, please send us the log files for the jobs with problems to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
There should be no additional requests, the re-authorization should be made automatically during the backup, if that is a longer one and re-auth. is necessarily.

drc

Post by drc »

Funnily enough, after having not tried onedrive since the post, I tried it again last night. It worked - the PC was shut down (shuts down on success) and the log files indicated success!). This is with V7.4 build 461. I can only assume something changed in the build.

However, when i opened Backup4all to check i was prompted to log-on to onedrive to authenticate. That I can live with.

Still getting the same issue with Goolge Drive?: "This morning I noticed that the PC hadn't shut down (as it should do upon the successful completion of a backup) and i was being prompted for the Goggle Drive logon details (in exactly the same manner as the prompt for the OneDrive details above). However the backup job was showing 100%. So i when through the logon again and the backup job promptly completed and shut down the PC."

This GoogleDrive issue is annoying as it means i need to reboot the pc 1st thing in the morning.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Can you please send us the last backup log for Google Drive backup? send it to support[at]backup4all[dot]com

drc

Post by drc »

I'm pleased to report that, following some direct correspondence with support, they have supplied me with a version of Backup4all (v7.4 build 475) which has resolved these issue for both OneDrive and Goggle Drive.

Top effort chaps. Thanks.