Mirror to different target folder structure

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.

Mirror to different target folder structure

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I am trying to create a mirror backup to simply copy all folders in C:\Source\ to M:\. The problem is that the program always creates
a M:\Source folder which is not what I want. I simply want all the contents of C:\Source to be copied to the root of M:\ It seems a
pretty basic ideas so I am surprised I am having problems doing this. Any idea on how to set this up?

Thanks,
Manuel

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Mirror to different target folder structure

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please open Backup4all, go to Backup Properties (Ctrl+P)->Mirror.
Uncheck the "Create full paths" and "Copy files in a subfolder" options.
Press Save and run again the backup.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Post by Guest »

These are the settings I have and it still copies it to a subfolder

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please send us:
- the .bkc catalog file for that job. You can find the .bkc file if you go to View->Open folder->Destination folder.
- the .log file for the last backup job. To find it, please go to: View->Job Logs->Last Backup Log.
Put the files into a zip archive and send them to our support email address support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

mvs90

Post by mvs90 »

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I want to mirror backup a folder containing movies to my NAS, so I select the folder named "My Theater", and in the NAS a folder called "My Theater" is created, with all the movies inside. I would like the files and folder inside "My Theater" to be created directly, not inside an initial "My Theater" folder. In this case it is not practical nor viable to only select the contents without selecting the "My Theater" folder because the contents is constantly changing. I would like to know if there is any way to backup only the contents and not the root folder to the destination, maybe by means of filters or something like that. Of course, in this case my problem isn't "Create full path" nor "Create files in subfolder".

Thank you for your attention.
Backup4All v4.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

If you want only the content of that folder to be backed up, you need to select in backup sources only that content, without the parent folder.