Issue with program Rev. 7.4 bld 475 update

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
tiffy

Issue with program Rev. 7.4 bld 475 update

Post by tiffy »

Hi,
Just updated my registered Backup4all Pro. today to Rev. 7.4 bld. 475 from the previous version, I can not now open the program by any means, normal shortcut pointing to backup4all.exe, show backup4all from the taskbar icon or directly trying to run the backup4all.exe file :cry:
No error messages are displayed, the "busy icon" just displays for a few seconds then nothing.
Have tried the obvious PC cold re-boot but no change.

The program is running on a pentium i5 desktop PC, operating system is Win 8.1 64b.
I have never had any previous issues with backup4all program updates.

I will be very displeased if I should loose my program configuration, I do have an emergency backup plan on FBackup should disaster strike.

Any help, suggestions appreciated.

tiffy

Re: Issue with program Rev. 7.4 bld 475 update

Post by tiffy »

Update:

All of the *exe files in the Win backup4all folder are the new revision so V.7.4.475 has installed just won't run.

Downloaded the current program revision from web site and attempted to re-install, won't proceed, advises that this revision is already installed, only option offered is to remove, don't wish to do this in case y personal configurations are lost.

Can't get into the program to see if I am offered a program update option again, probably would not anyway as attempting a fresh install advises the new revision is already installed.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Is the Backup4all.exe process running in Task Manager?
If yes, please kill the process and try again to open Backup4all.
Also please make sure the antivirus/firewall does not block the execution of Backup4all. Put it in the exceptions list.

tiffy

Post by tiffy »

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and support, have responded in detail on your e-mail.

tiffy

Post by tiffy »

Apologies, forgot to update this post after issue was resolved and support did not respond further after I reported the problem was resolved.
Resolution method listed for future reference.

Decided to download the current program revision from web site and re-install.
As reported earlier, install process recognised that the current revision was already installed and requested permission for removal before proceeding any further, as secondary backup provisions had now been made decided to proceeded with the un-install and re-install of revision bld. 475.

Glad to report that no personal configuration or backups were lost and program now opened normally, registration details were also retained.

Have just performed a further update to program bld. 479 today without any issues.

Support could not offer any explanation as to the cause of the update issue as previous (and now later) program updates have executed without any problems.