How do you backup the entire hard drive?

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Ed_Silva

How do you backup the entire hard drive?

Post by Ed_Silva »

Really hope someone can help me, because the Softland folks seem to speak a totally different language than I do...first off, I am a total computer novice & bought this program because it was supposedly the very easiest to use. I really need easy to understand "step-by-step" instructions that my five year old can understand...anyway, I have a 10 year old Dell computer that I have never backed up & now I have purchased a new computer...basically, I just want to completely back up everything on my old hard drive & then restore it all onto my new computer. My old computer has 45GB of used storage, so I bought a 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive. When I go to the third screen called "what do you want to Backup?" i'm afraid I might accidentally omit something, because I don't see any option on that page to backup "all" files & programs. Instead, the page is asking for me to select this thing & that thing, and I really don't know what they are talking about. A Softland tech told me that I can specify the C: drive to backup, but I cannot see where it says that, so i'm stuck. Or, if its buried in that screen somewhere else, I need someone to give a simple step-by-step instruction on how to find it. Really hesitant to check or uncheck certain boxes that I see there, because I have no idea what i'm doing & I don't want to screw up this backup & lose any data. Any help would be greatly appreciated!