Granular Restore within a day

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
[email protected]

Granular Restore within a day

Post by [email protected] »

Hi,
I am currently testing the product.

My question is:
If I am doing multiple backups within a day on a hourly basis and want to restore to exact one of these?

I do not have any option in the restore panel to select a specific backup within a day.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Granular Restore within a day

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

After you press Restore, please select "Choose/filter files and restore any version" option. Press Next twice and you will be able to select the exact backup based on the execution date and hour.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Hi, thanks for the answer.
It works !

Would be great if the 'To what date ...' Form would show the type of the backups (Full, incr, ...).

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

"To what date" feature does not address a single backup version.
It could be you have a folder with 4 files backed up each day using the incremental backup type.
Let's say:
1 file is backed up in the 1st day of the month and it does not change anymore. So it is included only in the first full backup
2 files are changed weekly and they will be included only in the Friday executions.
1 file is changed daily and will be included in every day backup.
When you want to restore the files as of date X (which could be a Monday), the 4 files are retrieved from the corresponding backup versions (Full and incrementals) in order to recreate that folder as it was in day X.

case4

Post by case4 »

"To what date" feature does not address a single backup version.