Google Drive Authorisation Failing on Win Server 2008

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
jason_uk

Google Drive Authorisation Failing on Win Server 2008

Post by jason_uk »

I'm testing a trial version of Backup4All 7.3 Pro. I want to use it to backup to a Google Drive account from Windows Server 2008 R2, but the authorisation stage keeps failing.

I'm doing the following:
- New Job
- Name the backup, Next
- Destination: Google Drive, Drive type: personal, Authentication: click 'choose account'
- Then I log in as my Google account in the browser window that pops up, and click 'Allow'
- It then waits for a while ('waiting for 127.0.0.1' appears in the browser status bar) before eventually telling me that it's failed with the message: "Failed to authorize Backup4all 7. Please revise your settings, account credentials and retry. You can now close this browser window'.

I've tried reducing the IE browser security settings, adding all Google sites to 'trusted sites' in IE, and even installing Chrome on the server to try authorising with that instead - but with no success.

However, if I try the same on a Windows 10 machine it works fine. I've tried exporting and importing the job configuration from Windows 10 to Windows Server 2008, but it tries to reauthorise the account again and I have the same problem.

Any thoughts on why it's failing on Windows Server 2008, and what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Google Drive Authorisation Failing on Win Server 2008

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us an email to support[at]backup4all[dot]com to try debugging the problem.

jason_uk

Re: Google Drive Authorisation Failing on Win Server 2008

Post by jason_uk »

Thanks - email sent.