Error: The compressed (zipped) folder (path) 1_Czip' is invalid

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
SteveG

Error: The compressed (zipped) folder (path) 1_Czip' is invalid

Post by SteveG »

I am concerned that I do not have a stable backup

I am running Win-10 (started in January) using BU4ALL 6.6. While in windows explorer I clicked on the BU folder 1_Czip that shows a file size of 79,811,129 KB (Full backup) yields the following error message "The compressed (zipped) folder (path) 1_Czip' is invalid." Also there is no subfolder arrow indicating that subfolders exist.

The same for 2_Czip that shows a file size of 90,204,672 KB (Full backup) yields the following error message "The compressed (zipped) folder (path) 2_Czip' is invalid." Same thing about the missing subfolder arrow. At the same time a green bar runs across the top of Win Explorer but after some 48 minutes nothing happened (I thought maybe win-10 had to "index" the folder) so I closed the error message box.

I next ran backup #3 and the program calls it a Diff and when BU completed it shows size 1,124,858. BUs #1, #2 and #3 test with no errors. On this backup #3 I can click on 3_Czip and this folder opens as normal and has subfolder arrows. My conclusion is that I do not have a stable backup. Correct? And why does the "Test" say it is a good backup if it is not? And what is causing the problem?

To cause a "FULL" backup to correct this problem must I use "clean" to delete the existing backups and start over?

Maybe Win 10 and Backup4all are not compatible? File size too large?

SteveG

Re: Error: The compressed (zipped) folder (path) 1_Czip' is invalid

Post by SteveG »

Same problem exists on my alternative external backup drive. So essentially it appears I have no backup even though backup4all says that the backups on both drives tested good.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The zip component from Windows cannot handle large zip files (you have 79-90 GB). Please use WinZip or 7zip if you want to open such files outside Backup4all.
If you want, you can run a restore of that backup to another location using Backup4all and see the files will be correctly restored.

Seder

Post by Seder »

[quote=StevetG post_id=4673 time=1518284266 user_id=182]
Same problem exists on my alternative external backup drive. So essentially it the http://www.researchmentortraining.org/ here. appears I have no backup even though backup4all says that the backups on both drives tested good.
[/quote]

Same here. I try to be extra careful and have backups all the time, but I noticed that sometimes the backup just isn't there even though it tested good. Any fixes for this?
Last edited by Seder on Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Can you please send us the backup log and the .bkc catalog file for that job? (send it to support[at]backup4all[dot]com)