Drives not found

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
hwoess

Drives not found

Post by hwoess »

Hello! I'm new to Backup4All! I found that program very useful, but I had a big problem. I run that program on a Windows-server 2012 box with mounted drives from a MicroFocus-server. I'm able to select at backup-configuration level the drives (can select or deselect files or folders).

But when I start the backupjob, a few seconds ago, the error comes up and says "the drive couldn't be found", which is incorrect because it's there and from Windows accessable!

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!

Hans-Christian

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Drives not found

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Do you have the same problem if you run Backup4all as administrator with right-click on Backup4all.exe and select "Run as administrator"?

hwoess

Post by hwoess »

Hello!

Sorry no. That doesn't make sense (and that happend!). Because when I start the application as Administrator (run as Administrator), I have no mapped drives, because the drives were mapped as user1, but since "run as" they were mapped as a different administrative user (so I had no drives anymore). And I'm only able to put in at "what should be saved" only "Folder/File" style not a UNC-path!

hwoess

Post by hwoess »

For your Information. In the meantime I did an install of an Windows 7 machine and I used an older Novell-Client, but no difference. He ever said, that the drives are not mapped or are not accessable, which is possible through the Explorer!

hwoess

Post by hwoess »

Hello to all!

After a few days of testing and "playing" with the software, I could say that it runs in my environment!