Cancelled Backup - Stuck "Aborting Backup"

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
ducks

Cancelled Backup - Stuck "Aborting Backup"

Post by ducks »

I started a backup and realized the destination folder was not what I had intended, so I canceled the job. Now Backup4All Standard has been in "Aborting Backup" mode. Attempts to close the program fail with a message "cannot exit application while busy".

Any idea how to close the application? If unable to close the application, any idea how much longer I'll have to wait for B4A to finish aborting? Its currently been aborting for over 2 hours.

Thanks.

Still aborting after 4 hours, 56 minutes . . . still unable to close the application.

ducks

Re: Cancelled Backup - Stuck "Aborting Backup"

Post by ducks »

I finally terminated the application using Task Manager. Then uninstalled the program. Then installed it again and tried running another backup.

After 4 hours and 15 minutes of "preparing shadow copy", I again terminated via Task Manager.

Uninstalled again and am now attempting another backup.
Last edited by ducks on Thu May 27, 2010 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

escapedturkey

Post by escapedturkey »

I had a similar problem recently. I installed BitDefender Total Security 2010. It seems Backup4All was not happy even when I added it as an allow rule to the software firewall. I added Backup4All to the game mode section (that way the BitDefender goes into 'game mode' when running the program). That seemed to solve the problem. Are you running a software firewall or AntiVirus? 8-)

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We already contacted BitDefender company.
They suggested this solution:
http://www.backup4all.com/kb/using-back ... 79.html#69
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

escapedturkey

Post by escapedturkey »

Multumesc frumos! 8-)

ducks

Post by ducks »

The two replies about Bit Defender being the problem were right on. I'm using BDAV2010, and after adding the .exe files and running BD in game mode, Backup4all worked like it should.

I'll be buying.

Thanks for your help.