backup is trying to copy to a non-existent zip file

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
rjantigua

backup is trying to copy to a non-existent zip file

Post by rjantigua »

Getting this error:

Could not copy "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Softland\Backup4all Professional 4\08RIUP75W4007\100_xxxx_Media Files.zip" to "\\xxxx\usbshare2\yyyy BACKUPS\BACKUP4ALL FILE BACKUPS\yyyy Backups\100_xxxx_Media Files.zip".
The network path was not found.

, where xxxx is my NAS device and yyyy is the host I'm trying to backup. I have set up automated backups which were running for years until this error is persistent and none of my backups are completing. The 100_xxxx_Media Files.zip file does not exist at all and I don't think it was removed by accident. The prefix counter is way past 100, so it shouldn't be looking for that file at all.

I tried one suggestion to enable "Always use temporary folder to create zip files" in the Compression option screen, with no success.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: backup is trying to copy to a non-existent zip file

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

The NAS device is accessible from Windows Explorer for instance (or was accessible at the time of the backup)? If it is we will need the log file sent to [email protected] so that we'd troubleshoot this further.

rjantigua

Post by rjantigua »

Log has been sent. And yes, the NAS server is available because the cleanup jobs that are also scheduled do not fail.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Thank you, will look over the logs and follow-up with you via email.