Backup FROM OneDrive

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Lloyd

Backup FROM OneDrive

Post by Lloyd »

I'm trying to backup a couple of files from my OneDrive. Doing this directly from the OneDrive sync folder is not possible, so I have been advised to map a drive to it, which I have done. However, when performing the backup, most of the time Backup4all does not see the source file, although it is clearly visible in Windows file explorer. Very occasionally I get an error code (194443088), but Backup4all does not understand this code.

Is anyone else doing this successfully?

(Backup4all Pro v7.1 Build 313, Windows 10 build 1709)

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup FROM OneDrive

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please check the permissions for the source files and folders.

Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

This is the OneDrive of the account that Backup4all is running under. All the files are accessible from file explorer under the mapped drive. I have tried Backup4all both without and with full admin permissions.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please right click on Onedrive folder and settings. In settings, please make sure “File on Demand” option is checked.

toomanyDaves

Post by toomanyDaves »

I was doing this successfully on April 11, 2018, then sometime within the following week it stopped working. All was as described by Lloyd. I can see all the synced files using windows explorer, but b4a does not back them up nor seem to show any errors. I see the onedrive icons have changed appearance, so I suspect something changed in onedrive.

I wanted to try support's suggestion: "Please right click on Onedrive folder and settings. In settings, please make sure “File on Demand” option is checked." but I don't find such a “File on Demand” option either in windows folder properties, nor in b4a.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

You should find that option in the OneDrive application.

toomanyDaves

Post by toomanyDaves »

Ok, thank you. I checked and the option was already selected (checked) so the problem occurs even with that option turned on.

toomanyDaves

Post by toomanyDaves »

however, if I UNcheck that option, it starts working - I am now able to backup the locally synced onedrive files again.

Thanks for the clue!