Backup aborted - SQL error

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
AnneW

Backup aborted - SQL error

Post by AnneW »

One of my backup jobs has started failing. A similar job also relating to a mapped drive continues to work perfectly. I can't see any obvious reason for the abortion - nothing has changed in the job definition. Here is the relevant part of the log:

Backup aborted. Reason:
SQL error " INSERT INTO TempFileVerDelExcluded ( FileVersionID, BackupID ) VALUES (?,?); " - sqlite_step, constraint failed - abort due to constraint violation (1555) (InsTmpFlsVerExcluded.3)
SQL error "m_hStmtTmpFlsVerExcl" - SQLite_Finalize, constraint failed - abort due to constraint violation (1555) (SQL04)

How can I fix this?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup aborted - SQL error

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The backup catalog could be corrupted.
Please send us the .bkc catalog file from the backup destination to support[at]backup4all[dot]com

AnneW

Post by AnneW »

Done. Apologies for the delay - I never got the notification that you had answered.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The backup catalog you sent us seems to be fine.
Please delete the backup job from Backup4all, then open the .bkc catalog file from the backup destination.
That will recreate the backup job in Backup4all.
Run again the backup and let us know if you still have the problem.

AnneW

Post by AnneW »

After a lot of off-list help from the backup team, I now have a working backup again. For the sake of anyone else who meets a similar problem, these are the possible issues we came across:

I have backups of backups of backups, going back years, and even backups that are imports from backup CDs, so it is possible to get conflicts in filenames - the same file name being re-used, or attempting to be. Those directories need to be excluded at first, then merged and normalised, to avoid the problem.

I also have Linux systems. Any system using Unix or Linux uses case-sensitive file names. "test.txt" is not the same as "Test.txt". Windows uses non-case-sensitive filenames, so these are both translated into identical names - two files that have entirely different content, but the same name. Unsurprisingly Backup4all can't handle that.

To get things working again I went to the list of sources and un-checked all directories, so the first backup had only files in the user directory directly. After getting a successful backup, I added no more than 3 directories at a time to the backup, running the job again each time. I continued until I got a failure, at which point it was easy to find the culprit.

This procedure is somewhat time-consuming, but it is the totally safe way of recovering functionality.

Many thanks to the Softland support team.

AnneW

syssolbrd

Post by syssolbrd »

I have also facing the issue in running the scheduled backup job from last 10-11 days which was working fine for the last one year. The error shows as below :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9/10/2018 7:00:21 PM] Opening file ":memory:"
Backup aborted. Reason:
SQL error " INSERT INTO TempFileVerDelExcluded ( FileVersionID, BackupID ) VALUES (?,?); " - sqlite_step, constraint failed - abort due to constraint violation (1555) (InsTmpFlsVerExcluded.3)
SQL error "m_hStmtTmpFlsVerExcl" - SQLite_Finalize, constraint failed - abort due to constraint violation (1555) (SQL04)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using the Backup4all 6.5.373 for in the PC. I have mailed the .bkc file on [email protected] for your reference after going through the forum came to know that you will require the ,bkc file hence already shared with you.

Please update on the same at the earliest.

Regards,
Ripal Bhatt
[email protected]