Some sub-folders empty on Restore

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
mattj7

Some sub-folders empty on Restore

Post by mattj7 »

When performing a restore with Backup 4 all 5.5 (build 850), some of the sub-folders of the folder selected are empty. When browsing to Restore > Choose/filter files and restore any version > Browse, I can see those sub folders and their contents, so clearly there was a backup at some point.

My best guess is that these sub folders were deleted at some point in the past, and so when I select a date it is not restoring those files if they did not exist on that date.

I am not sure when the contents of these sub-folders were deleted, is there any way to restore these sub folders, regardless of when they were on disk and backed up? I have already tried restoring from different dates and have not yet found a date to restore from that includes them.

Thanks for any help

mattj7

Re: Some sub-folders empty on Restore

Post by mattj7 »

For the record, softland support responded to me and pointed out a feature right under my nose. You can choose "include excluded or deleted items" on the first page of the restore wizard.

This fixed my issue.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Some sub-folders empty on Restore

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

That is correct. The option is called "Restore excluded or deleted files" and can be selected from the first page of the "Restore Wizard".