Error installing and uninstalling

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
angelo_lopes

Error installing and uninstalling

Post by angelo_lopes »

I clicked check for new version and Backup4all found new version 6.4.355. The current version I have is 6.4.311.

I Clicked to updated and nothing happened. I changed to an Administrator account, and I got a Error 15105 but unfortunately I did not fill the mail address field and the box to send the log (now I cannot find the log:)). I thought restarting the laptop would solve the problem.

After restarting the computer, I still receive this error 15105 but without the possibility to send a log. I can not find anything in the event viewer.

Finally I tried to uninstall Backup4all and I receive error 15105 too, so I am stuck. What can I do to overcome this error, please? Thanks
Attachments
fotografia1.JPG
fotografia1.JPG (58.76 KiB) Viewed 53853 times

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Error installing and uninstalling

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the Backup4all installation log file from "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\"
Do you have the same problem if you first download the setup from our website and then install it?

angelo_lopes

Post by angelo_lopes »

My second install retry as Administrator and before starting with uninstall, was to download the installer to the Desktop.
I even did "run as administrator" to no avail.

Regarding the log, do you want me to post it here, or to send with via PM? Thank you for your fast replies :)

Steffens

Post by Steffens »

Hey Angelo, I get error 15105 too. What was the fix in the end?
Last edited by Steffens on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

angelo_lopes

Post by angelo_lopes »

Hi. I am sad I can't remember. I did a search on my mail for a reply from backup4all and I didn't find. Also I can't find a PM on this forum, so it's possible backup4all didn't give me a solution.
It's possible I uninstalled, downloaded again the installer, and installed from scratch. Not sure though.
Backup4all saves you settings on appdata.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Dear Steffens,
Please send us the Backup4all installation log file from "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\"
Have you tried again to install Backup4all?